WHAT HAPPENS WHEN I CALL?
Do you feel uncertain about the process of contacting the Whale Foundation and talking to one of our healthcare professionals?
This step-by-step guide will help!
When you phone the Whale Foundation Helpline (877-44-WHALE), you’ll reach our answering service and a recording set up to allow our return call to you ASAP---within 24 hours. You must leave a phone number for this to happen. Please note that if you call on a cell phone, be sure you are in a full reception range so your message doesn’t break up. If you do not hear back from us in 2 days, please leave a second message.
- The Helpline call itself does NOT replace 911 or work as a counseling “Hotline.” Its purpose is to help find the best healthcare provider for you.
- The caseworker that returns your call will talk to you about your situation and your concerns. This will help him or her to better understand your needs and determine which healthcare professional would be best for you.
- Once the caseworker refers you to a healthcare provider associated with the Whale Foundation, you can make arrangements to see that person.
- If you cannot pay for services, the Whale Foundation will pay for 8 hours of mental health counseling. If you can pay for any portion of it, however, the Whale Foundation will ask that you cover what you are able.
- If your care extends beyond 8 hours, you may make arrangements with your health care provider to continue treatment at your expense. If unusual circumstances exist, a client can apply for further assistance.
Please remember that all information you provide remains confidential.
Toll-Free Help Line: 877-44WHALE (1-877-449-4253).
If you are experiencing an immediate emergency, please call 911.